Portsmouth, New Hampshire Activities
Portsmouthis many things: one of the ’18 coolest towns in America” (Men’s Journal), #6 most historic place in the US/#26 in the world (National Geographic Traveler), “prettiest towns” (ForbesTraveler.com) and Distinctive Destination (National Trust for Historic Preservation.) Home to distinctive boutiques for tax-free shopping, protected wetlands for bird-watching and kayaking, family-friendly sandy beaches and a thriving arts and music community, Greater Portsmouth hums with a vibrant sense of place and community. Whether you’d like to tour historic gardens or glimpse the shadows of haunted Portsmouth, experienced guides can lead the way for two or twenty. Some examples:
Odiorne Point, located in nearby Rye, New Hampshire, and The Seacoast Science Center, are premier destinations for nature and wildlife enthusiasts. The breathtaking beaches and coastline of New Hampshire are at your doorstep at the Wentworth By the Sea Hotel and Spa, offering miles of uninterrupted tranquility.
On the water, enjoy a luxurious sunset dinner cruise, a fun filled whale watch, or make the historic trip to Star Island aboard the Isles of Shoals Steamship Company's vessel, The MV Thomas Leighton, which departs daily from Portsmouth Harbor.
In addition to providing sterling memories for individuals, couples and families, Many of the historic attractions, parks, and centers on the seacoast can serve as a fantastic backdrop for team-building exercises for meetings and groups. . Our professional convention staff can l assist in planning and orchestrating a host of activities for your group.
You may also enjoy anyone of these other activities also located nearby
- Wentworth Marina
- Wentworth Country Club
- Strawbery Banke, a 42-building, 10-acre historic village
- KitteryOutlet Shopping
- Children's Museum of New Hampshire (www.childrens-museum.org)
- Historic Isles of Shoals
- Whale watching, Sunset and Island Cruises
- Oceanfront Parks and Beaches
- 7 National Historic Landmark sites (www.portsmouthhistorichouses.org)
- Discover Portsmouth Center and John Paul Jones House Museum (www.portsmouthhistory.org)
- Hiking, Fishing, Biking, Cross Country Skiing, Snow shoeing and Kayaking
- Vista Yacht Charters (www.vistayachtcharters.com)